Old October 28th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Phil Wood BB installation trouble; other BBs for Sugino AT crankset?

I just had an e-mail response from Brent, in record time. I'm not
certain why previous inquiries have taken so long.

I contacted Andrew at Yellow Jersey and between his advice to lightly
sand the inside of the cups and Qui se parle's advice in this thread, I
managed to install the BB. I wasn't able to get my Phil BB tool into
the right hand cup, even with tapping on it, but the advice to
pre-install it on the cartridge worked - I threaded it in and used the
tool on the left cup. I will get a second tool to do as suggested next
time I fuss with it.

Thanks for the answers - much appreciated.

Marc

Rick wrote:

I never have a problem contacting Phil Wood. Brent has always been
quite responsive. And I always contact by e-mail or phone - not by
bugging him on his morning commute (we commute along the same road in
large part ...).

- rick