Old August 24th 09, 09:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Are we justififed to hate drivers?

(Psychiatrists advise you to let your frustration and hate out... so
you become a man at peace. So here I go, I answer below)

Originally Posted by Roughstuff
Ahhh, the rage of self pitying cyclists reaches fever pitch! I find
many more car-hating posts on cycling websites than I find bicycle
hating posts on car afficiando pages. Even cycling's penultimate
event---the tour de france (or tour de joke, as I call it) has cars
carrying spares and equipment whizzing along and in between the teams.
How many bikes do ya see on a NASCAR oval?

Why is it OK to hurt and kill poor innocent car drivers? Is it
SELFISHNESS that isolates us from our subjects, and makes us think we
are entitled to the full lane no matter how slowly we ride or what
tangled route we weave? Is is SADISM that gives us a kick, insisting
on our 'right' to filter between lanes but whining when we get
clipped?

***

Yes, the slaves hate their masters more than the other way around.
What a surprise!

You own the road; you got the LION'S SHARE of it; and ultimately you
have the power over life and death, sometimes while casually chatting
on the phone, as if you were given some powers by God.

But let's not be confused, you are acting your role of sheep for the
hungry wolves. Those who have you polluting the planet and have you in
the cage while squeezing the life out of you. And then you act your
frustration while fighting over confusing laws over who owns the road.

We know you do! And ultimately we need our FAIR SHARE.

In a land where the average driver doesn't seem to be above the ape,
it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid to ride a bike... But a
man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution