Old August 25th 09, 05:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Are we justififed to hate drivers?

On Aug 24, 10:27*pm, David Green wrote:
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:09:13 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
(Psychiatrists advise you to let your frustration and hate out... so
you become a man at peace. So here I go, I answer below)

Now don't be silly. **No-one* on uk.rec.cycling, except for Doug and
David Damerell, hates drivers. *Not in the least.

So Guy Chapman supports every single anti-motorist measure, and every
single car-related tax increase, and thinks drivers should be
prosecuted for making way for emergency vehicles: so what? *He doesn't
hate motorists. *He may *seem* to, in every way, but he says he
doesn't, so he must be telling the truth (it's not like it's part of
his agenda to lie about it).

The same with Spindrift: he may always blame the motorist whenever
there's a collision, and he may in every way *seem* to hate motorists,
but he doesn't; after all, he says he doesn't, and he's such an
obviously honest and balanced person that you simply must believe him.

No-one on URC hates motorists except Doug 'n' Dave. *Keep saying it to
yourself. *Dare to say otherwise and you'll be branded a "troll" for
life and censored in the new censored group. *If the car-haters want
to lie about hating cars because they believe that they'll get their
anti-motorist measures more easily if they pretend they're for
"safety" or "the environment" instead, then you'll just have to go
along with their deception. *Or else. *You don't want to get on the
wrong side of them...they're distinctly unhinged after all.

Picture this old man I met at the bike shop. He rides his antique bike
on the sidewalk, and this driver cuts him off, scrapes him and... goes
to check his paint.

Picture all those drivers who casually chat on the phone.

Picture all who pass on the "slow" lane.

Picture all who blow the horn at you, those who shout at you...

Picture those who assume you are safe within a couple of feet of
pavement.

Picture all those who "hit and run" cyclits.

The rest are OK, but we don't know who's who.