Old May 15th 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
(PeteCresswell)

Default Impressions from Bike to Work Day

Per Dan O:
jumping
curbs, etc;

Jumping curbs has a little-known hazard.

Coming back from a day of windsurfing at the Jersey Shore one
evening (all day in the sun.... dog tired....) I came into a
massive traffic backup at the toll bridge into Philly.

Was in the right lane with a divider strip between me and another
group of lanes - which were almost empty - further to the right.

Suddenly found myself pulling back on the steering wheel of my
Suburban with the urge to jump that curb and get to the
less-clogged lanes.
--
PeteCresswell