Old May 20th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Impressions from Bike to Work Day

On 5/19/2011 10:40 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:
On 5/14/2011 5:41 PM, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 5/14/2011 4:19 PM, SMS aka Steven M. Scharf, the *self-proclaimed*
World's Greatest Expert™ wrote:
On 5/13/2011 4:59 AM, Duane Hebert wrote:

But there is a trend in Montreal that is starting to concern me. I went
for a rec ride yesterday morning and in 2 hours I actually saw 3 bents.
Now I'm nervous.

Wow, must be a Canadian thing, like poutine. Recumbents have become
rarer and rarer in the U.S.. It was a cute fad, but the disadvantages of
recumbents, especially for vehicular cycling, are so overwhelming that
most of the owners went back to regular bikes.

Yet another recumbent "expert" that knows nothing.

Oh wait, it is Scharf. No wonder then.

If Scharf had a clue, he would know that a recumbent's natural
environment *IS* vehicular cycling, as vehicular cycling does *not*
require jumping curbs and other such silliness (sorry Dan O).

Then why are they so rare? We actually have people here commuting on
bikes and we rarely see bents...

Herd mentality, more than anything else.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.