Old June 9th 19, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Protecting yourself

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 04:21:05 -0700 (PDT),
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 3:41:35 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I dont take my phone when riding unless i am going somewhere
new and might not find the place. I dont always want to be
"connected to the world." I try to ride in my neighborhood
where it is pretty quiet. I live about 1/4 mile from a lake.
There are usually a few cigarette boats putting out 100
decibels. Unless they are wearing ear protection, they must
have a hearing aid in their future. :-)

If I don't want to be "connected" I just turn the phone off but
I still have it with me in case of emergency.

+1

Also, I'm still using an older iPhone (the SE) because of its
small form factor. I don't need a large display, and the small
form works much better for one handed use (e.g., texting).

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA