Old June 12th 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Protecting yourself

On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 6:21:07 AM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, June 9, 2019 at 3:41:35 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I dont take my phone when riding unless i am going somewhere new and might not find the place. I dont always want to be "connected to the world." I try to ride in my neighborhood where it is pretty quiet. I live about 1/4 mile from a lake.
There are usually a few cigarette boats putting out 100 decibels. Unless they are wearing ear protection, they must have a hearing aid in their future. :-)

If I don't want to be "connected" I just turn the phone off but I still have it with me in case of emergency.

Cheers

That's an idea. But for me it adds weight.

Andy