Old November 4th 05, 04:36 AM
Donga

Default Motorist Jailed

Hard to believe, but the good ole' Courier Mail has a second article on
this matter:

http://tinyurl.com/7ky58

Kellie had some useful words:

Outside court, Ms Moule - who has yet to resume regular road cycling
- said that unlike their European counterparts, Australian motorists
showed an arrogance to cyclists that needed to change to stop more
accidents like hers occurring.

"The laws are fairly tough . . . but I think if the attitude of people
changes and there's a lot of pressure put on them to have respect for
cyclists, then we have really won," Moule said.

"Even if, as a motorist, you are angered at a cyclist you think has
done the wrong thing, just remember how big and how powerful your car
is and how small, fragile and unprotected the cyclist is," she said.

"The cyclist is always going to come off second-best, and you don't
just impact the cyclist, you impact their friends, their family,
everyone."

Donga