Old May 2nd 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Should you wear a helmet while riding a recumbent?

On May 2, 10:37*am, Opus wrote:

One really good reason to wear a helmet is it provides a convenient
place to mount rear-view mirrors for those of us with limited range of
motion in our necks.

I prefer eyeglass mirrors, largely because they work with any hat, or
with none at all.

If my eyes were to undergo a miraculous cure so I'd never need
glasses, the mirror would mount some place on my bike.

My preference when riding a 'bent
is a full-face helmet with a fiberglass or carbon fiber shell that
will slide over asphalt or concrete.

Wow. Apparently, I worry much less than you do.

- Frank Krygowski