Old October 16th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Melinda Shore

Default Helmet-Cam

In article .com,
wrote:
I was thinking about getting one of these for goofing around, but
after a jerk driver tried to teach me a lesson today out on my ride I
thought such a thing would be nice to have to document each ride:

I have one. The video quality is poor and the audio is
worse, but it's kind of fun. I've used it on an ATV and on
a sleddog training rig that's built out of mountain bike
parts. It wasn't *terrible* with the ATV but the video from
the training rig, running over rough ground, was so bad that
it gave me a headache while watching it, plus because it was
mounted on the bars the sound when I braked (disk brakes)
was carried through the frame and picked up by the camera,
and wow, is that loud and obnoxious.

On the other hand, it's cheap and easy to use, and kind of
fun. I'll be curious to see how it deals with snow (lots
and lots and lots of *white*), given its color problems.

BTW, you can get them new for under $90 US on eBay.