Old January 12th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Dura Ace STI defective?

Joel wrote:
I have a brand new pair of ST-7800 Dura Ace shifters still in the box.
I was examining the left shifter lever. When I push in on the brake
lever which would shift the front up to big chainring, the lever only
moves about 1 inch at the end of the lever and the mechanism makes one
click sound. When I push on the inner lever nothing much seems to
happen. I can't believe that small of a movement is going to be enough
to shift the front derailleur. Is this lever defective or am I missing
something?

They're very dangerous. Send 'em to me for safety's sake...

:-D