Old August 10th 13, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
AC[_6_]

Default Cyclist with no lights or reflectors killed

Judith wrote:
Sandwich-eating driver cleared of dangerous driving death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-23626666

Fair enough. What's the problem?

The driver was not proven to be eating 5 secs before he hit the cyclist.
At 30 MPH thats a decent gap and time to react. The cyclist had no
lights or reflectors.

Had the cyclist lived, I would have tried to find a way to sue him for
causing an avoidable accident and something to do with mental distress.
Dunno what, but I would have tried to go after him.

I live on the Olympic cycling route in surrey, and since the Olympics,
cyclists have been a damn dangerous plague.

For the record, I and my kids are cyclists.

--
AC