Old August 10th 13, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Alex Heney

Default Cyclist with no lights or reflectors killed

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 14:50:02 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 10/08/2013 11:25, Judith wrote:
Sandwich-eating driver cleared of dangerous driving death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-23626666

I suppose it depends somewhat on whether or not it was dark at the time.
Do you have to celebrate every cyclist that gets killed?

For my money anyone eating, reading maps newspapers or texting whilst
driving is guilty of careless driving if they only hit street furniture
or barriers and dangerous driving if they kill or injure someone.

Whether it is careless driving (section 3 RTA) or dangerous driving
(section 2 RTA) has nothing to do with results.

If somebody gets killed that turns a section 2 offence into section
1, or a section 3 offence into section 2B. But it doesn't change
careless into dangerous.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Unsolicited advice answers unasked questions