Old June 21st 18, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Helmet News

Frank Krygowski wrote:

All this fear mongering [...]

Perhaps this is an American issue. Here, the
streets are filled with people who ride their
bikes every day, many several times a day, and
very, very few use helmets. Riding a bike is
not considered dangerous!

The road bike people and the MTB people use
helmets but they are a very small minority.

Intuitively, I feel like if you ride a road
bike at that speed and have an accident
involving traffic, that sounds like a very
serious situation with or without a helmet, but
I think I'd use one anyway.

With the MTB people, I don't see why you can't
simply trip over a stock, and hit your head
into a rock. I don't see why a helmet wouldn't
reduce the impact?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573