Old November 10th 04, 01:52 AM
Lobo Tommy

Default *grumble* I can't find anyone who makes a bike like this...

Can anyone give me a hand? I'm having a tough time trying to find a
ready made off the shelf bicycle that has all these features. Some
manufacturers come close but are not quite there yet.

Take a look at the Raleigh C40 or Trek 7300 but...

1) Ditch the suspension seatpost and front shock
2) Replace typical crappy stock saddle with a Brooks springer
3) Exchange the Aluminum frame/fork for a Steel frame/fork
4) Make it super easy to add fenders and rear rack
5) 700c wheels, but super durable, preferably 36 spoke
6) No lights / electrical stuff on it
7) Nice soft pedals for a variety of foot wear
8) Solid Shimano Tiagra drive train

Anything close?