Old March 15th 19, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]

Default Pedestrian mows down cyclist

On 15/03/2019 10:03, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 10:09:10 PM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 09:08:03 -0700 (PDT), Simon Jester
wrote:

I hope the pedestrian was insured and had a valid walking licence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cycling/...gs-pedestrian/

The pedestrian with the dog was crossing a pedestrian crossing where
they had priority over other traffic. The cyclist chose not to give
way to them but behaved as many unfortunately chose to do and rode
around them at speed. Something observed on roads every day.

The road was closed for a cycle race. The policeman should have stopped the pedestrian from crossing.
I suppose you think F1 drivers have to obey Monaco traffic laws.

I was wondering about that. I suppose the road really was closed for the
race? There were no barriers that I could see. Nor any signs.

The trouble wasn't the leading cyclists, who swung round the
obstruction, but the ones in the middle of the pack who had their heads
down and couldn't see anything.