Old April 18th 19, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Scofflaws

On 4/17/2019 5:02 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 7:29:10 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 17/4/19 1:17 am,
wrote:

Having actually raced professionally (or semi-professionally as you
like - I wasn't being paid - just given equipment) I know exactly how
to corner and so am MUCH faster than most people. But I don't drive
dangerously as most people do because I know the results of being
stupid on anything that moves.

I didn't realise I could claim that I'd raced even semi-professionally
until you mentioned that all it takes is that you're given equipment.
Count me in!

Still, I've raced & trained with paid professional cyclists, and most of
them are faster than me descending around corners.

--
JS

I rode for Kawasaki on a 250 cc two stroke disk valve road racer. That is a bit faster than a bicycle.

Huh. I used to own a 350cc Kawasaki two stroke rotary (disc) valve bike.
1970 Avenger A7, IIRC.

Not that I was ever a racer. On a motorcycle I'm pretty careful and
conservative.

--
- Frank Krygowski