Old July 15th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
robertsrg

Default The Cyclist Disposition

"raamman" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 12:51 pm, Papa Tom wrote:
Can somebody explain to me why so many bicyclists are so angry? I
used to think it was ME and I used to take it personally when people
on these groups responded to my posts with sarcasm, bitterness, and
just plain rudeness. Then I realized that, no matter what I post,
there are always scores of cyclists out there waiting to twist words
around, misinterpret intentions, and blast back with a barrage of
really nasty stuff.

It is known that certain types of personalities are drawn to certain
types of activities. For me, bicycling has always been a social
thing, so I really enjoy sharing the experience with people, either in
person or on these groups. But it seems there are many, many cyclists
of the variety that prefers to ride alone, yell at children who get in
their way on a bike path, and make crap out of anyone who posts
anything on a cycling news group.

Has anyone ever done or seen a study about the Bicycling Personality;
i.e. what makes certain types of people get into bicycling?

Their degree of anger is directly related to their quality of life and
financial well being.
They're just ****ed cause they have to ride a stolen $135.oo job from
walmart.