Old June 19th 19, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Steel is Real and Carbon is Lighter

On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 11:49:53 PM UTC-4, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 06:02:04 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

Sure a "reward" in one's imagination. Rather like winning a battle in
League Of Legends.

I rode an honest quarter century last Friday. I'm still pleased. Who
cares that nobody else noticed?

The overhanding on the seam down the front of my jersey is quite
invisible even though I didn't have matching thread. Machine
zig-zagging would have held just as well, but I feel rewarded when I
examine it, and also notice that none of the stitches attaching the
reinforcement under the end come through to the right side -- and that
thread was even less yellow than the overhanding thread, since I chose
to match the tape on the back.

If someone gets a thrill out of cutting ten seconds off his time, more
power to him.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net