Old July 29th 04, 03:00 AM
David N. Makinson

Default Avocet Touring Tires

I use the road and crit versions of the FasGrip and find them to be
excellent. I would expect the 32mm to be also.

David

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:53:20 GMT, "Don DeMair"
wrote:

I'm looking for a good touring tire. One that will be puncture resistant,
especially in the rain. I've tried the Specialized Armadillo and was pretty
happy with it, I may buy it again. The other tire I tried was the
Continental Top Touring. I found this tire to ride a bit harsh.

I would prefer a slick tire (without a tread pattern) because I think the
inverted tread actually catches debris and may lead to more flats. I also
don't believe that tread pattern does anything to improve wet or dry grip on
the road. And I don't use my touring bike off-road.

Right now, I'm considering the Avocet FasGrip Duro Plus. Probably in a
700x32. Anyone have experience with this tire?

-Don