Old July 29th 04, 03:45 AM
David Reuteler

Default Avocet Touring Tires

Don DeMair wrote:
Right now, I'm considering the Avocet FasGrip Duro Plus. Probably in a
700x32. Anyone have experience with this tire?

i've used the duro version (28mm) quite a bit in the past 2 years & and i have
mixed feelings about it. it's a *NICE* tire, but it nicks up rather easily
and somewhat less than half have worn out before i couldn't boot 'em. that
may have been a bad batch, got me. they also don't do well against the
dreaded goathead thorn but then again, nothing does. i'd forego the kevlar
(it made no difference as far as i could tell and i used both). off-hand
i'd say less than average for flat resistance.

i hate conti tt2ks and the avocet cross iis i liked allright (rode those on a
5400 mile tour). fwiw, i'll be touring on the 28mm duro later this summer
for a couple of weeks (they're letting me have a vacation this year!).

i don't have to quit for time off!!

!!!!

!!!!!!!!
--