Old April 12th 20, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Hertfordshire Police apologise to cyclist

On 11/04/2020 19:54, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
He
the driver's account is given equal credence to what actually
happened."

Reflecting on the collision on the roundabout, John added: "The car
was well ahead and pulling away when I glanced down as I was having
trouble re-engaging my cleat and was caught out by the brake check.
Frankly it was totally unexpected.

"I'll know different in future, but in over 35 years of driving,
motorcycling and cycling as an adult I HAVE NEVER had that manoeuvre
performed on me before. It is incredibly dangerous and is considered
by most police forces in the UK and abroad as a serious moving
traffic offence."

https://road.cc/content/news/brake-c...stioned-272667

Nobody gives a ****. Get a life.

So a cyclist admits that he was not looking where he was going and was
not in proper control and as a result ran into a vehicle that had
stopped in front of him, that sounds very like careless riding at the least.