Old February 26th 06, 09:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default SYD: bicycles on the Old Road

On 2006-02-26, Random Data (aka Bruce)
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:16:52 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

Another idea that occurred is Bobbin Head Road. The surface is
disgusting now, but if it was resurfaced, would it be a preferable
training track for masochists, I mean road racers who train on hills,
than the Old Road?

Doubt it. The surface isn't that bad, except for a hundred metres or so on
the Turramurra side near the bottom. The big problem is it's only 4km on
the long side though, which isn't that much unless you're doing laps.
Going from gate to gate and return only comes out to about 20km, and
although it's a bit of a hill that's just not long enough for anything but
a quick blat - and I'm not even a roadie.

Roadies have short attention spans, remember.

West Head would be a more attractive option if there was a cafe at the
end... After all, they're roadies, so it's about how cool you look at the
cafe, not about actual riding. g,d&r

I'll run with you

Who has had the patience to read this far?

Nope, not me.

Me neither.

--
TimC
Can Jesus heat a microwave burrito so much he can't eat it?