Old December 9th 03, 03:59 AM
Bikesoiler

Default Need ideas for hill rides

Jess wrote:
I want some ideas for some hill rides - I want around 40-60k. I will be
driving out to the start.. I have been told to avoid Mt Dandenong
Tourist Rd as it will be busy and I know to avoid Melba Highway (lots of
drivers not paying attention to the road)Jess

Jess All the routes you listed will be good training for the Alpine. I
used Mt Donna Buang for my Alpine training & will be doing so again.
It's about 17 kms with the first 7 being the steepest. In that way it's
a good model for Mt Buffalo, ie steeper at first & easing off. I think
Buffalo is a 22 km climb, gate to the gap then down/flat/undulating to
the chalet. I usually alternate hill & distance training each weekend &
work up to 3/4 distance + hill. Cheers Steve