Old August 17th 03, 04:45 AM
Monique Y. Herman

Default Trek Bike Frame number, etc

Johoo wrote:
It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

"help" schreef in bericht

I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes.
On the underside of the bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the
following format:
(Alphabet as shown below, with n denoting a numeric digit)

nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

WTU
nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

TBI-nnnn
GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

I don't know which is the frame number, but I want to caution you about
registration cards. I bought my bike out of town, and when I got home,
I noticed that the card on which the serial number was printed didn't
match the serial number on the bike. I called the store and they didn't
seem too concerned, which leads me to believe that they might have this
mix-up fairly regularly.

My suggestion: use the number on the bike, not the card, and register
with the bike number, if possible.

-- monique