Old June 4th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:56:58 -0700 (PDT), hizark21
wrote:

ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF (http://www.cyclingnews.com/
news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun04news ).

It's simply ridiculous that the ASO is refusing to let Astana enter
the TDF. The ASO should have put forth a set of condtions for Astana
to meet if they wished to enter the TDF. Astana is the dominant spring
team now and they deserve to ride in the TDF.

I'm not saying I agree with ASO's decisions, but you don't get it.
They told Astana they'll let them in after a year with no scandals.
It's clear. Astana could sweep the top ten in every race they get
into, and that wouldn't help then get into the Tour of France. In
fact, it would probably hurt.

Indeed. Astana has ****ed in the Tour's soup twice now.
They've earned this.

Bob Schwartz