Old November 28th 13, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

Default 0.045% of offences committed by cyclists

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:09:15 -0000, Tarcap wrote:

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:41:08 -0000, Tarcap wrote:

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message news
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:04:53 -0000, Tarcap wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

Cyclists in Northern Ireland commit just 9 road traffic offences for
every 20,000 committed by motorists.
http://nigreenways.wordpress.com/201...loodycyclists/

Obviously it's extremely easy to identify an erring motorist,
particularly
with ANPR systems being commonplace nowadays,whereas it's virtually
impossible to identify an erring psycholist unless you can actually
catch
him in the act and stop him immediately.

You make a very strong case for the compulsory registration and
documentation of cyclists, which would go some way to address that
bias.

How about removing the registration on motorists?

I am a motorist, among other things, but I think that would be an
idiotic
idea.
(Rather like not having registration for all road users.)

Why?

It's no good explaining the shortcomings of idiotic ideas to idiots.

As I thought, you have no idea. Why inconvenience millions for the sake
of
a few criminals?

And as I said: It's no good explaining the shortcomings of idiotic ideas
idiots.

No, you don't have an explanation.

Yes, I do, but I'm not wasting it.

Perhaps you should spend your time fixing your newsreader so it indents what you're replying to, instead of lying to me.
Oh hang on, you're using a M$ email program. Just throw it away and start again.

--
What's the difference between spit and swallow?
Forty pounds of pressure on the back of her head.