Old August 12th 05, 01:18 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Campy 10-speed chain - where to buy?

Colin Campbell wrote:
It's time for me to get a new chain. I see a couple of places
advertising the chain at $49.99. I looked at comparison pricing, and it
showed Colorado Cyclist at $47.99, and Supergo at $35.98. However, when
I go to those Web sites, I don't see those prices. I did find a price
of $44.99 at Competitive Cyclist.

My local shop charged me close to $60 for the chain last time, so I'm
tempted to buy elsewhere and get my buddy to help me install the chain.

Any tips on where to buy?

Also, I have a Super Link on the chain right now. These are described
as "reusable". Are they really? Should I buy another Super Link?

Should not reuse the superlink or any connecting link. They get worn
just like a chain. If you are not going to use the snap link, ensure
your 'buudy' knows what he's doing. You need a really good chain tool
or the Campagnolo one to do it correctly.

Wipperman is a good 10s chain as is the Campagnolo one. Many online
places have them, as you have found. I think the Campagnolo chain works
the best, however, particularly with Campact set\ups.