Old December 6th 06, 12:29 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Default Idiots driving around with fog lights on WHEN THERE'S NO FOG

Coach wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in message
ups.com...

Aeek wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:42:08 +1100, "bikerbetty"
wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an RPG7.

We have cycle and taxi/bus lanes in Newport.
These are for the sole use of boy racers with fogs
no police intervention at all

In urban areas of the US, we have the same situation, except substitute
arrogant yuppies in SUV's and luxury cars or (in the hood) gangbangers
in unlicensed vehicles. It is prudent to stay out of the way of the
latter, as they often (illegally) possess semi-automatic firearms.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!