Old February 18th 18, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Car features and other gadgets: was: my fixie doesn't needimprovement

On 2/18/2018 1:42 AM, John B. wrote:

Can you still walk into a car dealer and buy a car with a manual
transmission? Here I was told that an auto transmission would have to
be special ordered.

We bought one four years ago. It had to be brought in from a different
dealer, but I don't recall if the reason for that was the manual
transmission.

And it occurs to me it may be time to redefine "standard" transmission.
That used to mean shifting for yourself. But like it or not, automatics
are now "standard"!

--
- Frank Krygowski