Old February 9th 20, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Calls for SUVs to be BANNED from towns and cities to reducepedestrian and cyclist deaths

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 22:08:38 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 9 February 2020 20:42:12 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mike Collins wrote:
On Sunday, 9 February 2020 17:52:02 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 09/02/2020 00:10, JNugent wrote:
On 08/02/2020 18:24, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/02/2020 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE: A European safety council wants SUVs banned from towns
and cities as part of efforts to cut the number of pedestrians
and cyclists being killed.

Lovely idea. But what is a the definition of an SUV?

However, crash test experts at Euro NCAP and Thatcham have hit
back at the suggestion, stating that whilst SUVs are generally
heavier, they 'do not necessarily present a greater threat to
pedestrian and cyclist safety'.

Based on tests with dummies...

...otherwise known as militant cyclists?

What's a militant cyclist?

Those that come blasting towards me on the footpath and tell me to
**** off when I obstruct them. Not one of the cowards has dared to
face me down.

Is your mobility scooter pavement legal and do you have insurance
for it?

Have you always been a prat?

Just answer the question.

I don't have one.