Old February 11th 20, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Calls for SUVs to be BANNED from towns and cities to reducepedestrian and cyclist deaths

On 11/02/2020 09:22, TMS320 wrote:

On 10/02/2020 02:01, JNugent wrote:
On 09/02/2020 20:14, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/02/2020 18:11, JNugent wrote:
On 09/02/2020 11:36, TMS320 wrote:
On 09/02/2020 00:10, JNugent wrote:
On 08/02/2020 18:24, TMS320 wrote:
On 08/02/2020 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE: A European safety council wants SUVs banned from towns and
cities as part of efforts to cut the number of pedestrians and
cyclists being killed.

Lovely idea. But what is a the definition of an SUV?

However, crash test experts at Euro NCAP and Thatcham have hit back
at the suggestion, stating that whilst SUVs are generally heavier,
they 'do not necessarily present a greater threat to pedestrian and
cyclist safety'.

Based on tests with dummies...

...otherwise known as militant cyclists?

What's a militant cyclist?

Someone has given you an example.

Someone else's experience of the effect of deliberate provocation.

That sounds about right.

Is that the best you can manage?

Probably not. But I'm not descending into another of your silly
downward spirals.

Shrug. By all means stop your habit of changing the subject, twisting
meaning and putting loaded questions in your replies.

You are well aware of the existence of militant cyclists.

The dictionary has a definition for militant but you apply the label
subjectively.

Such definitions are bound to be subjective.

Saying or implying that they don't exist just makes you look siller.

It is beyond you to stop twisting. Asking a question about something
does not say or imply the thing does not exist.

So we agree that the "militant cyclist" exists.

Excellent.

There are more [examples] of which you already are well aware, Polly.

Remind me (as a driver and pedestrian with a few years experience)
about some of the things I should have noticed on my travels by now.

If you aren't observant, that's not my fault.

Unobservant road users usually suffer consequences so your reply has a
logical flaw.

Do you never read news reports either?

I often look at the links in Mr Cheerful's posts, if that's what you
mean. You should have noticed this by the number of times I have flagged
them off topic.

Really?