Old December 19th 04, 10:15 PM
Neil Brooks

Robin wrote:

I agree. This is why I recently got rid of my Cannondale touring bike
(and other reasons) and opted for a long-reach caliper design (Gunnar
Sport), so as to be able to use fenders. I admit there are some
applications for which there is no alternative to cantilevers but,
like you said, they are way more complicated.

Interesting.

Would you tell me a bit more about your dissatisfaction with your Cannondale
tourer? Was yours the T800 or T2000?

I ride a T2000 w/Shimano canti's and Kool-stop pads and have /no/ problems
with braking, or with the bike in general. Well, nothing aside from the
wretched heaviness of the darned thing.

Beautiful bike, that Gunnar, incidentally. They're on my short list for a
potential road bike.

Neil