Old November 20th 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Creeping brake pad drag

On 11/20/2019 1:07 PM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
I have been riding a gravel bike (Kona Rove NRB DL https://www.konaworld.com/rove_nrb_dl.cfm) for a year now. It has developed a tendency to drag the pads of the front brakes against the disc. I recently had the pads and rotor, front and rear, replaced (about 5,000 Km of use). As I ride, a noise comes from the front brake that suggests that the pads are touching the rotor, and it increases in volume until I "blip" the lever, which makes it go away for maybe another Km or so--or less.

Has anyone encountered this before? if yes, how did you solve it?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Likely pads are not centered and parallel which is usually
obvious on inspection. Review the setup directions for your
brake. Start with the inner pad adjustment tight, center the
caliper to the rotor, secure it and then do your final
adjustment.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/