Old June 11th 10, 12:11 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
David[_11_]

Default Cyclist injured after collision with car in city cycle lane

"JMS" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:43:00 +0100 (BST), (Jon
(relating to a cyclist 'doored' on Trumpington Road neat the junction
with Brooklands Avenue) may be evidence that the cycle lane there
adjacent to parked cars really is as dangerous as some here have
claimed.

I note that " the rider *collided* with a car door that had just been
opened "
Obviously the cyclist was cycling too fast if he could not take
evasive action.
What if it had been a child popping out from between two cars?

This is the sort of total bollox that we expect from you.
At whatever speed you are travelling (even if walking), if a door is opened
directly in front of you will not be able to avoid it.

I'm with most here that the cyclist should not have been in the cycle lane
as it was poorly designed if not to allow a metre between parked cars and
the lane, but that's besides the point. The lane was put there by the
authorities and the inocent cyclist was using it.
The ignorant car driver opened the door without checking it was safe to do
so.

You should go for a date with D**g and you can both argue bollox with each
other.