Old October 3rd 18, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 10/3/18 11:44 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:31:33 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/30/2018 10:01 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 02:47:15 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/10/2018 12:14 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
How many miles did you do in those 12 years?* What parts did you
replace
for servicing, predicting a failure might happen in the future?* I
don't
believe you didn't have to change any tyres, brakes, suspension parts,
steering, hoses, etc.

What the hell do you do to cars? Tires are expendable and don't
count. I
had to replace a brake hose and heater hose in my 32 year old pickup
because a porpupine ate them. He also chewed at the upper radiator hose
but it's still going strong, teeth marks and all.

I ignore all speed limits and speedbumps and go as fast as I can without
my car coming off the road.

Ah, the washboard road technique...

It's actually more comfortable to go over a speedbump fast than slow.*
Fast hurts the suspension, slow hurts your back.

It's also better to accelerate as you go over the bump, this lifts the
front of the car up and lessens the jolt.

It's also fun to overtake someone who goes slowly over bumps, when they
see you bouncing past them they tend to **** themselves.

It is much more comfortable to go over a speedbump on a bicycle.