Old May 30th 19, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Sun protection clothing

On 31/5/19 3:38 am, AK wrote:
I would like to see if there is clothing that can provide sun protection while
minimizing sweating and/or allow air flow.

Would also like to do the same with my bike helmet without compromising safety.

Ideas?

For long rides in hot weather (~40C), when the UV index is up around
11-12, I like a lycra skin suit. Still have to cover exposed areas with
sun screen, but the lycra skin suit provides the most comfort.

Of course if you're just riding to the shops or something, good luck
riding in regular clothes. Light cotton is about as good as it gets.

--
JS