Old April 2nd 05, 06:59 AM
jj

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 06:12:47 +0100, Vic
wrote:

So when they tell ya 'the legs are the first thing to go', don't believe
'em. Maybe this post will be a motivator for others in the ng. ;-)

It would be quite something to hit 35, but it will take about 150%
of the effort that is required to reach 30.

Well considering that I'm only in my second year back on the bike and still
have about 30lbs to lose, I'm hopeful that I could sprint to 35 for a few
seconds. I am well aware that the power curve is not linear. ;-) When I got
30mph I was still holding back some because the road is not that great and
there are often cars pulling out unexpectedly, btw.

What is the top speed of the pro sprinters? Didn't Petacchi average 84km/hr
in the last 400m in Milan San Remo? Of course he may have had a 53/11 on
the bike. ;-)

jj