Old November 6th 11, 02:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Travis

Default 700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

On Nov 6, 9:12*am, Rob wrote:

When I had a road bike it had 27x ? *and these tyres become unavailable
I had to use a wider tyre and I did notice the difference in the effort
used.

For me the narrow tyre would be best.

If as you say the 23's are available why not give them a go?

The immediate answer to "why not give them a go?" is because if it's a
bad idea I'd prefer to be warned in advance by people who may have
tried it instead of finding out the hard way by having an accident far
from home when the tyre slips off the rim or something while I
corner.

Travis