Old September 11th 04, 07:52 AM
Stan Cox

Keith AlexanderŽ wrote:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:08:12 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:

A good way is to practice with one other experienced person and have them
show you, then integrate into the group once you have some confidence and
knowledge of drafting techniques.

*** May sound silly, but after reading about and watching
pacelines, I asked my girlfriend to work with me on a
mini version.

We took turns pulling and then veering left while the other
took over and the leader fell back and in. Did it for a while
at about 17MPH. Definitely a skill.

Thanks for the advice.

Here is a related journal entry I posted.

---
"I am so not ready to race.
snip

I dont know if this has already been covered but the most important
thing is DO NOT GET DISHEARTENED. You are probably in for a kicking but
this is not unusual in your first race. I once nearly got dropped in the
neutralised zone before the official start. If the bunch does manage to
get away from you let it go. Here (UK) you can rejoin the bunch when
they lap you as long as you dont contest for sprints or the finish. Oh
and remember that when you think your lungs are about to burst this is
unlikely to happen Have fun.

Stan Cox