Old September 6th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default BikeE?

Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
The BikeE is violently unstable. Its front end has an intrinsic
tendency to whip to the side and dig in at an oblique angle from the
direction of travel. If this were allowed to happen at speed, it
inevitably would result in a crash. The range of steering angle
within which it does not try to flop the front wheel one way or the
other is so narrow as to be like balancing on a knife edge.
Increasing speed does not have a pronounced stabilizing effect on the
BikeE as it usually does on a poorly configured, unstable but
otherwise normal bike.[...]

This does not describe the handling of any of the several BikeE models I
have ridden, but then I am not 2 meters tall, nor do I have a mass of
ca. 170 kg. I believe that Chalo was both too tall and too heavy for the
BikeE CT.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”