Old September 6th 05, 06:36 AM
wafflycat

Default A Sustrans dilemma

"Sandy Morton" wrote in message
In article
pan.2005.09.05.20.42.21.123202@firstnamelastname. com.invalid, Mike
Causer wrote:
So, by joining in the ride am I endorsing the stupidities, or is it
worth highlighting the really daft parts by not using them and
sticking to the road?

IMVHO Sustrans are a group of people without married parents.

I must admit, I have very ambigous views on Sustrans. I like the idea of the
Sustrans maps. I don't like the way the thing is carried out in practice on
many an occasion. The usual paint a bike on a path and it's a 'facility' and
how the routes between towns are often very convoluted and not the best
route from A to B by bike. It also fosters the idea that bikes do not belong
on roads, so over all, I'm not a fan of Sustrans.

Cheers, helen s