Old March 27th 19, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GB[_5_]

Default Only cyclists break the law.

On 27/03/2019 13:32, MrCheerful wrote:
On 27/03/2019 13:20, GB wrote:
On 27/03/2019 12:21, soup wrote:
On 25/03/2019 17:31, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/...cid=spartanntp

I really cannot fathom how anyone gets caught by these cameras they
are painted bright yellowy/orange some are painted with
yellowy/orange and black stripes, they are also VERY signposted .
Â*Â* Camera vans and mobile police guns I can sort of see but fixed
cameras should not catch anyone.Â* Even my car (A [just
about]poverty-spec Yaris) beeps at you for fixed cameras .

My car does not have a sat nav, and I am afraid that I just use paper
maps. Dickensian, I know.

As far as obeying speed limits is concerned, I watch out for those
round signs with numbers on. Something that reminded me if I
inadvertently exceeded the limit would be good, though.

most vaguely modern phones or tablets can do that for you.

I've got an Android 7 phone that does include GPS. Unfortunately, I'm
far, far too mean to pay for mobile data, and I haven't found a decent
sat nav programme that allows downloading maps in advance.

Can I ask what people here use, and what they think of it, please?
Obviously, it's off topic to ask this on a cycling NG, but it makes a
change from bickering about whether cycling is a good thing or not.