Old January 28th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
mike vore

Default BikeE Bad?

Jeff Grippe wrote:
In an earlier thread, someone referred to the BikeE as uncomfortable. I have
never ridden one but I was considering getting a cheap one on ebay just to
have a bike. I got rid of all my two wheel vehicle when I made the switch to
trikes. A bike is certainly easier to transport, however. If I'm doing rail
trails a bike would be fine. Are there BikeE owners who read this ng? What
do you think of them.

The only way to tell is to try on for yourself. My first 'bent was a BikeE for
about 2 years. I then went to a Burly Limbo (I hope my buying a bike doesn't
trash all manufacturers :-) mainly because it had a better drive train. I've
ridden an 'E once since that time. It did feel different. Mine was a CT-xl,
the one I rode was a short BikeE.

Don't settle for one or two loops in a parking lot - try one for an hour or
more on all sorts of biking conditions - up-hill, down-hill, fast, slow. Give
it a good workout.

mike

--
Mike Vore