Old December 30th 10, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

Cicero Venatio wrote:
Doing some house cleaning in the cold weather, and I found a stash of
old cycling race mags, and a stack of vhs tapes on tour de france and
those other races they have in Europe. I kind of thumbed through some
of the mags, put a couple of the vhs tapes in, and I thought of how
stupid I was back then. All of it went into the dumpster. The only
thing remotely interesting was some of the hype on that old equipment,
bikes, and shoes, clothes. It was all an elaborate illusion, and they
actually fooled me in those days. But now I know the magic behind the
tricks, and I kept one tape, that I recorded myself, to remind me of how
fake it all was. That is the stage that Landis won, after he covered
himself with t-patches the night before. He looked like a crazed crack
head fleeing the police in that stage, it is so obvious now.

It was all such a waste of time. Still have a couple of CF wonder
racing bikes that I hardly even use because they are so impractical to
ride. Most of riding is now on a Surly LHT, with 35 wide tires, spd
pedals and shoes, and have discovered the real joy of riding.

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
Dumbass -
I feel the same about some of my memorabilia, especially anything that
has to do with Greg LemonD.
Great athlete. Tool of a human being.

I feel for you. We Anquetil fans needed blinders as well.
Doper, pervert, weirdo but damn could he ever ride!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/