Old May 16th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Ken Kifer's Murderer Still Behind Bars

RobertPerkins wrote:
The murderer of Ken Kifer, Jimmy Don Rodgers, is still behind bars.
Thank goodness Jimmy Don decided to screw up his chances for Parole.
His release date is now 2023.

I agree with the "thank goodness" part. Not necessarily for vengeance,
and not for justice (since I don't think justice was served with his
lenient sentence), but for public safety. My safety. Riding my bike
one county away, and regularly driving through Jackson County, I don't
want to have any more drunk drivers, out on bail for drunk driving, on
the road than absolutely necessary.

But the 2023 date is too good to be true. Are you sure he won't come up
for parole in another 3-4 years?

Pat

Date: Sun, Sep 4 2005 11:03 pm
Email: Rob Perkins
Groups: rec.bicycles.misc

I was stunned to visit Ken Kifer's pages after a long time and find out
that he had been murdered by a serial drunk driver & drug abuser in Sep
2003. See
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/index.htm