Old September 29th 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Bike traffic

It says in my notes, which I'm transcribing to clean up my notebook
for tomorrow's ride, that on Saturday, the fifteenth of September of
2018, I arrived at the library to find my preferred parking spot
taken. Not only that, the entire rack was full and I and had to use
the other rack that forces you to put your front wheel in the flowers.
I probably wasn't the first to use that slot, since the rose moss
looked rather tattered.

I frequently park at businesses where there is only one place to park
a bike, and yet it was noteworthy that I couldn't park in my usual
spot.

One of the high points of my tour in Southern England sometime in the
eighties was a sign saying "don't park your bike on this gate".

I hear that in the intervening forty years, England has lost interest
in bikes. Pity that -- it's the only place I ever met anyone who knew
that he was ignorant of bicycles.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net