Old January 15th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default handlebar

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 18:42:51 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

From the dreamy adspeak: Stainless steel's ride can be "crisper" and
"snappier."

Are you sure those terms weren't in a breakfast cereal advertisement?
Remind me to steal those terms for my personal abuse.

A better question would be crisper or snappier than what? When
comparing the quality of a ride, it's considered good form to disclose
with what one is comparing the ride. Also, how much crisper or
snappier? A tiny, average, or jumbo size difference?

Is that better than "rigid, yet compliant"?

Nope. They're all "puffery"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffery
which is the use of advertising comparisons and superlatives that no
sane person would accept at face value. As a minimum, if one cannot
attach a numerical measurement to the term, it's puffery. At least
rigidity (stiffness) can be measured as force divided by displacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiffness

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D