Old May 29th 04, 08:42 AM
Richard Brockie

Default Ganglian Cyst: A Result of Cycling?

wrote:
As for the Fury RoadMaster, I suspect that it's only
available from WalMart and therefore beyond your grasp in
the UK. Here's the ad:

Dear Carl,

Thanks for the links (which worked this time with the angled
brackets). Do not be mislead as to my location by the email address -
that is a vanity domain which advertises my origin. I am currently
located a little down the road from Mike Jacoubowsky's shop where I
worked shortly after moving to the US.

I'm just a touch over six feet and around 195 pounds, but
luckily had a long seatpost of the right size lying around
from God knows what. Riders your height probably need custom
bikes anyway.

I am on the borderline for custom - the old Klein 63cm size of frames
works very nicely for me. What diameter is the seat post in the Fury?

The Fury RoadMaster, as you can see in the specifications,
is intended for riders aged 10 to 17 (or 14 to adult,
depending on where you read) and the price has now risen
from $53.71 to $58.88, presumably due to demand for reliable
transportation caused by the rising gasoline prices being
discussed hopefully in other threads.

The forty-pound shipping weight (mostly cardboard, or so my
Fury assures me) would make export expensive.

Possibly there's a similar bike in a similar UK store?

Almost certainly, as Walmart (by another name), exists in the UK.

--
R.

Richard Brockie "Categorical statements
The tall blond one. always cause trouble."