Old September 4th 03, 05:07 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default FAQ

"JohnB" wrote in message

I can imagine some threads even longer than we get now arguing merits or
otherwise of h*lm*ts and even whether such a subject has a place in an

FAQ.

On the other hand, if the questions genuinely are frequently asked, it's a
good way to ensure a consistent and accurate reply.

Instead of being helpful to a 'newbie' asking a question, we'll have curt
"Refer to the FAQ" answers instead of the more useful help that was

requested.

Advocatus diaboli and all that, would "please see the FAQ at ....." be more
or less desirable than a helmet thread?

My vote is a No.

A vote? Has democracy broken out on Usenet? Who knows where that could
end... http://www.avidorstudios.com/r137.html

--
Guy
===